Zoolander – Review

(Includes Spoilers*)

Before I watched this breath-taking movie I had left it for months without watching it. I wanted to have a really good time watching it, but when you watch all the movies you like too much, they suddenly go down in your ratings and becomes predictable. I found this movie at the thrift store in Marsden and bought it and I left it for a couple of months, but I wished I hadn’t left it to rot in the storage room, because it changed the way I saw movies when the credits started rolling.

The movie is obviously set in New York because it shows central square and most famous shows are broadcasted there and also the fact that it’s about modelling. Derek Zoolander (Ben Stiller) being called an “Idiot” from a reporter that never leaves him alone, because he claimed the wrong award that was actually given to his arch-nemesis ‘Hansel’ (Owen Wilson) which made him hard to get. With an “evil” villain called ‘Jacobim Mugatu’ (Will Ferrell) in his plan to destroy the Malaysian prime-minister because he stopped a series of rules which meant he couldn’t get anywhere with his business but after the deaths of Zoolander’s three friends took him to the point of retiring which meant Mugatu couldn’t “brainwash” him to kill the prime minister. Zoolander tries out to make a building to help people who can’t read and make an institute called “Derek Zoolander’s Center for Kids who can’t read good and also want to learn other thing as well” (I thought the title was too long but a bit comedic).

I watched it with different emotions some with disgust, some were funny and some were sad. When you hear it was in the cinemas then it was copied into millions of copies around the world for about $20, you think “Damn” I wish I was alive in 2001 (When it was released).

After the movie I remembered the second movie was out last year and I was so stoked to potentially see another one.

Rotten Tomatoes: 64%

IMDb: 6.6/10

Release Date: 28 December 2001 (USA)